Anti smoking advocates will share findings Thursday | Health
Anti smoking advocates will share their findings of a new U.S. Surgeon General’s Report on smoking on Thursday, March 8 at 11 a.m. in the Legislative Office Building in Albany.
According to a statement from the American Cancer Society, the report shows that New York’s spending on its anti-tobacco program is inadequate. Statewide polls will be discussed which demonstrate public support for more funding on the state’s anti-tobacco program.
People and groups in attendance will include the American Cancer Society, American Lung Association in NY, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, and a Niskayuna High School senior who is a youth anti-smoking advocate.
A letter to Governor Cuomo and the Legislature will be distributed. The letter is signed by almost 100 community leaders throughout NY urging for more funding.
Upcoming Events near Niskayuna
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local law enforcement hit the ice as part of national fundraising effort
- Trooper says manslaughter defendant "on the nod" following fatal crash
- Waterford Harbor Farmers market accepting applications for 2014
- Saratoga Springs council votes on resolution opposing expanded casino
- Waterford man accused of assault