Anti smoking advocates will share findings Thursday | Health
Anti smoking advocates will share their findings of a new U.S. Surgeon General’s Report on smoking on Thursday, March 8 at 11 a.m. in the Legislative Office Building in Albany.
According to a statement from the American Cancer Society, the report shows that New York’s spending on its anti-tobacco program is inadequate. Statewide polls will be discussed which demonstrate public support for more funding on the state’s anti-tobacco program.
People and groups in attendance will include the American Cancer Society, American Lung Association in NY, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, and a Niskayuna High School senior who is a youth anti-smoking advocate.
A letter to Governor Cuomo and the Legislature will be distributed. The letter is signed by almost 100 community leaders throughout NY urging for more funding.
Upcoming Events near Niskayuna
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man accused of driving drunk, talking on phone with child in car
- FBI, State Police, NYPD raid mobile home in Malta -- but will not say why
- Saratoga Casino to take part in bidders conference despite lack of support
- Shmaltz celebrating first anniversary in Clifton Park with style
- Dogs kill chickens; owner blames animal control officer